Cambridgeshire railway station chooses Ely and District Parkinson’s UK Support Group as its ‘charity of the month’
- Credit: Supplied
A Parkinson’s UK support group has been chosen as Ely Railway Station’s charity of the month.
The Ely and District Parkinson's UK Support Group will benefit from fundraising activities and promotion in East Cambridgeshire.
Members of the group were on the station's platform 1 on Tuesday, July 9 handing out leaflets and spreading the word about their local support community.
Anita Stuart, assistant customer services manager for Greater Anglia, explained members of staff at the station were keen to support local voluntary groups.
She said: "We hope the Parkinson's Support Group would return in late 2019.
You may also want to watch:
Parkinson's Disease is a progressive neurological condition. This means that it causes problems in the brain and gets worse over time.
The number of people diagnosed with Parkinson's in the UK is about 145,000. That's around 1 adult in every 350.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 3 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Drunk driver failed to spot police car parked next to her
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
The support group meets on the third Tuesday afternoon in the month. Contact Caroline Nicklinson email@example.com 07718191482 for more information.
Attached to the e mail is a photograph and Anita Stuart has agreed to its publication and to publication of this article.
The two people in the photograph are Caroline Nicklinson Volunteer and Mark Platform Host and both have consent to the photo being published and for its use on social media.