Ely Standard's East Cambridgeshire Business Awards Launched
WE have launched the Ely Standard s East Cambridgeshire inaugural Business Awards and this week we want to introduce our main sponsors East Cambridgeshire District Council and chartered accountants Price Bailey. The awards are open to all companies and ot
WE have launched the Ely Standard's East Cambridgeshire inaugural Business Awards and this week we want to introduce our main sponsors East Cambridgeshire District Council and chartered accountants Price Bailey. The awards are open to all companies and other organisations in East Cambridgeshire, from sole traders to large multi-nationals.
There will be 11 award categories, and in the next few weeks we will launch the individual awards in the newspaper and on our website, along with the entry criteria and full details of the award sponsors.
The awards will be presented at a glitzy, black tie presentation evening at The Maltings on October 23. This will include a three-course meal, presentation of the awards, entertainment, and an opportunity for sponsors, winners and guests to network with other businesses in the tranquil setting of The Maltings.
Ely Standard editor Debbie Davies said: "Although in some ways it may seem inappropriate to launch business awards in a year that has seen many businesses struggling due to the harsh economic climate, I and other business colleagues in East Cambridgeshire believe that it is also the perfect opportunity to reward and recognise businesses who are not only surviving the recession but in many cases thriving. Our business awards also present companies with an opportunity to recognise individuals who have helped them through this difficult trading period and also those who have used their entrepreneurial skills to adapt in order to survive or even branch out in the last year."
We will launch the first award next week and tell you how you can enter. Entries will be judged by an independent panel of judges and announced at the gala evening in October.
- 1 Mexican restaurant to open inside former Frankie & Benny's in Ely
- 2 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 3 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 4 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 5 Village road closing for five weeks for temporary barrier installation
- 6 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 7 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 8 Breakup and burglary! Couple's chaos after £101m win on Euromillions
- 9 Ex-soldier Rob on a mission to bring 'ideas and energy' to Ely
- 10 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
Employer Of The Year - sponsored by East Cambs District Council
Retailer Of The Year
Business Of The Year - sponsored by Price Bailey
Employee Of The Year
Business Person Of The Year - sponsored by Barclays Bank
Training and Development Award
New Business Award
Women In Business Award - sponsored by the Ely Standard.
Customer Service Award
If you are interested in sponsoring an award, contact Ely Standard editor Debbie Davies on 01353 667831 or email: email@example.com