Ely Standard Hosts Its First Business Fair
THE Ely Standard and Price Bailey chartered accountants were the hosts for a business and advice fair entitled How To Survive and Thrive in a Recession held at the Lamb Hotel in Ely on Thursday. The general public and businesses were able to access exper
THE Ely Standard and Price Bailey chartered accountants were the hosts for a business and advice fair entitled How To Survive and Thrive in a Recession held at the Lamb Hotel in Ely on Thursday. The general public and businesses were able to access expert advice on grants and funding for starting a business, saving money on household bills as well as talk to advisors from Price Bailey, Edward Jones and Fowler de Pledge on financial and legal issues. The Citizen's Advice Bureau and East Cambridgeshire District Council were also in attendance to advise on housing benefits, redundancy and debt problems.
Emma Furness, the East Cambridgeshire District Council Dragon's Den winner gave a food demonstration on how to feed a family on a budget.
Pic cap: 0031HD0209. Danny Brown, from Cambridge Helpdesk in Little Downham, was one of the businesses at the fair.
0030HD0209. Stonham and Edward Jones stands at the business fair.
You may also want to watch:
Photos: HELEN DRAKE.
- 1 Eight page enforcement notice wrapped round giant cuppa
- 2 Fire crews called to stables building blaze
- 3 'Support this local attraction,’ MP urges on museum visit
- 4 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 5 Have a BREW-TIFUL day says the pub with a giant tea cup outside
- 6 Man with rare heart condition shares how free location app saved his life
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 Ely Museum team member retires after 16 years' service
- 9 Caught on camera: milk thieves strike in the city
- 10 9 hidden gems of East Anglia by rail from Cambridgeshire