Ely Standard Child of the Year competition opens for entries
- Credit: Archant
OUR Child of the Year competition opened this week with toddlers queuing with their parents to have their picture taken.
The shoot for this year’s contest is at Wilkinson’s in Ely and continues until Saturday. The studio, run by the Portrait Group, is open each day from 10am-4pm.
There are again three categories in this year’s competition. They are: 0-18 months, 19-36 months and three to five years.
It is free to enter and photographs will be available to buy from the Portrait Group.
All the pictures taken will appear in our newspaper later this year and readers will be able to vote for their favourite in each category.
You may also want to watch:
The winner in each group will win a contemporary portrait, courtesy of the Portrait Group.
- 1 New Google Search data reveals Ely is one of Britain’s most tired cities
- 2 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Flooding highlights outline of English Civil War fort as rain fills moat
- 5 Bronze pig found at bottom of garden could be worth £10,000
- 6 Vaccinated nurse tells of 'incredibly stressful' situation
- 7 Ely Cathedral's Covid-19 vaccination centre application was turned down
- 8 More GP surgeries prepare to give Covid-19 vaccinations
- 9 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer
- 10 City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash