Ely St Mary’s CoE pupil named ‘Top 11-year-old boy’ at a Cambridgeshire swimming championship
- Credit: Archant
Ely St Mary’s CoE pupil, Maximilian Veiga, has been named ‘Top 11-year-old boy’ at the ASA Cambridgeshire County Swimming Championships.
The title comes after winning nine gold and four silver medals on behalf of the City of Ely Amateur Swimming Club.
It was straight back to work for Maximilian and his team who fought the heavy snowfall to make it to the March Long Course Open Meet at the UEA Sportspark in Norwich.
Ely’s star swimmers jumped to the opportunity to get in some important experience in a 50m long course facility.
Maximilian picked up another two gold, three silver and one bronze medal swimming on Saturday (March 3).
You may also want to watch:
His team mates where equally as successful, breaking personal bests and claiming more medals for the club.
Other team members leading the club to victory were, Georgia Holgate with one gold and two bronze; Tia Hill with one bronze; Daniel Kendall with two silver and three bronze; Adrian Kwiecien with one gold and Iona Trainer with three silver and two bronze medals.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told