Ely songwriter hopes to spread his message with album release
- Credit: Archant
ELY songwriter Will Law is celebrating the release of his first album, titled Way Back When.
The 20-year-old said he saved long and hard to fund the recording and production of the EP, which was recorded at Half Ton Studios in Milton.
Will said: “I’ve been saving up for a while to record it. Overall it has cost about £500 but I’m giving it away as a free download simply because I want as many people to hear it as possible.
“I have been writing songs for about two years under the name of Just William and the Outlaws but this is my first proper release.
“So far, the EP has been received well; I have been played on Tom Robinson’s show on BBC6 music and on BBC Cambridgeshire’s Introducing show.”
You may also want to watch:
Will describes his style of music as acoustic folk rock and country and says he is influenced by heavily by 50s and 60s artists including Bob Dylan and The Beatles.
He added: “The songs are about current issues but are set in the Old West and all revolve around a band of outlaws. Each song makes up part of this story, which has been influenced by Shakespeare and his tragedies.”
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
Will performed at ADeC’s Babylon Unplugged event in Ely last week and has a series of gigs coming up in Cambridge over the next month.
To download the album, or to find out more about Will, visit www.facebook.comjustwilliamandtheoutlaws or twitter.comjwandtheoutlaws