Ely songwriter hopes to spread his message with album release
- Credit: Archant
ELY songwriter Will Law is celebrating the release of his first album, titled Way Back When.
The 20-year-old said he saved long and hard to fund the recording and production of the EP, which was recorded at Half Ton Studios in Milton.
Will said: “I’ve been saving up for a while to record it. Overall it has cost about £500 but I’m giving it away as a free download simply because I want as many people to hear it as possible.
“I have been writing songs for about two years under the name of Just William and the Outlaws but this is my first proper release.
“So far, the EP has been received well; I have been played on Tom Robinson’s show on BBC6 music and on BBC Cambridgeshire’s Introducing show.”
You may also want to watch:
Will describes his style of music as acoustic folk rock and country and says he is influenced by heavily by 50s and 60s artists including Bob Dylan and The Beatles.
He added: “The songs are about current issues but are set in the Old West and all revolve around a band of outlaws. Each song makes up part of this story, which has been influenced by Shakespeare and his tragedies.”
- 1 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 2 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening
- 3 Ely named the UK’s most baby-friendly location
- 4 30 East Cambs candidates compete for 8 Cambridgshire County council seats
- 5 Burglary tip-off unearths £1.38m cannabis 'factory'
- 6 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 7 Contractors 'did not follow the brief' when it came to drain maintenance
- 8 Cineworld Ely expected to reopen in May
- 9 Slimmer launches weight loss group after losing three stone
- 10 Lunging challenge in boyfriend's memory raises thousands for charity
Will performed at ADeC’s Babylon Unplugged event in Ely last week and has a series of gigs coming up in Cambridge over the next month.
To download the album, or to find out more about Will, visit www.facebook.comjustwilliamandtheoutlaws or twitter.comjwandtheoutlaws