Town Teams’ events look to bring in the shoppers on Small Business Saturday
- Credit: Archant
Three East Cambridgeshire towns will be encouraging the public to visit the small businesses and independent retailers in their high streets as part of a national incentive - Small Business Saturday.
Tomorrow (December 2), Ely, Soham and Littleport’s Town teams will be embracing the day, which is held annually on the first Saturday of every month.
Visit Ely will be running a week-long Facebook campaign to raise awareness for the day, featuring competitions, quizzes and promotions concluding tomorrow afternoon.
The Soham Town Team will again be running their ‘Spot the Alien’ window competition, and have been working hard to bring shops and businesses on board this year. The competition begins tomorrow and runs until Tuesday December 19 when the winning entry will be announced at the Community Carols event at St Andrew’s Church at 6.30 pm.
Littleport Town Team is holding their annual Celebrate Christmas event, which will see Father Christmas at Littleport Library, a Christmas Fair at St George’s Church, a shop window Star Trail and Adams Community Market will be open. Musical entertainment and side stalls around the Christmas tree will be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
Tracey Harding, project lead for all of the district’s town teams on behalf of East Cambridgeshire District Council said: “This is an excellent initiative that will raise awareness of our fabulous town centres and all that they have to offer particularly at this festive time of year.”
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation