Ely, Soham and Littleport to celebrate Small Business Saturday with festive feast of events
- Credit: Archant
East Cambridgeshire is set to embrace Small Business Saturday with key Christmas-themed events.
Ely, Soham and Littleport have signed up to take part in the national celebration which is held annually on the first Saturday in December with the aim of promoting small independent shops during the festive period.
Soham has decided to re-launch its popular ‘Spot the Alien’ window competition to help increase footfall into the town centre.
The competition begins on Saturday December 3 and will run for two weeks with one winner receiving the prize of a hamper donated by local businesses.
Littleport Town Team is holding their annual Celebrate Christmas event on Small Business Saturday and activities include Father Christmas at Littleport Library, a Christmas fair at St George’s Church and a shop window star trail.
You may also want to watch:
Adams Community Market will be open as usual, selling a range of festive goodies and musical entertainment and side stalls around the Christmas tree are also planned.
In Ely, the Christmas lights switch on marks the start of a week-long social media campaign on Visit Ely’s Facebook page, featuring competitions, quizzes and promotions.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 7 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
Tracey Harding, project lead for all of the district’s town teams on behalf of East Cambridgeshire District Council, said: “I am delighted that all three towns will be playing a part in Small Business Saturday this year and that we have three completely different promotions running.
“This is an excellent initiative that will raise awareness of our fabulous town centres and all that they have to offer particularly at this festive time of year.”