It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas over Fenland - Ely’s snow day in pictures
- Credit: Archant
People all around the Fens woke up on Sunday (December 10) to what looked to be a scene from a Christmas film - here’s what Fenland photographers captured from Ely’s snow day.
Ely park filled with children and adults playing in the snow, sledging down the hills, making snowmen and having snowball fights.
For an occasion as rare as snow in the Fens, people came from all over the city to have some short term fun in the frozen white stuff.
Mike Rouse documented the morning with a set of photographs, showing the snow covered Ely Cathedral, surrounded by adults and children laughing and smiling.
With snow not on the forecast in the Fens for a long time, it was a case of enjoy it whilst it lasts – the thought of a white Christmas is still nothing but a distant dream.
You may also want to watch:
Did you capture any snow day pictures in Fenland? Email them to: email@example.com or Tweet us @ElyStandard, @CambsTimes or @WisbechStandard for a feature in our newspaper.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station