Ely shop takes centre stage as the country celebrates ‘Love Your Yarn Shop’ day
- Credit: Archant
They’re called the “cornerstone of the knitting industry” and new and potential customers got the chance to experience it at first hand when Curtis Yarns took part in a nationwide awareness campaign.
The High Street store celebrated on Saturday by joining forces with others from across the country for a ‘Love Your Yarn Shop” campaign run by the magazine Let’s Knit.
Ely shop owner Barbara Curtis was on hand to welcome customers to see the variety of knitting yarns now available.
Mrs Curtis used to have a smaller store in a kiosk by the library but moved to the High Street 18 months as business expanded.
“We get customers from all over the country,” she said. “We even have customers from Australia – people visiting the UK come to us when they’re in the country and stop off in Ely.”
You may also want to watch:
Let’s Knit editor Sarah Neal said: “Where would we be without our local yarn shops? Many of us rely on them for their personal advice, expert recommendations, and even as opportunities to meet new people.
“We think that yarn shops form the cornerstone of the knitting industry, and for that reason, we want to celebrate them.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 6 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
She said the ‘Love Your Yarn Shop’ campaign had been launched in conjunction with their sister magazine Let’s Get Crafting.