Ely set to host Cambridgeshire’s first ever Yoga and Vegan Festival
- Credit: Archant
Cambridgeshire’s first-ever Yoga and Vegan Festival is coming to The Paradise Centre in Ely on Sunday June 11.
There will be yoga and meditation sessions, live music, stalls, vegan and raw vegan food, workshops, talks, Bollywood dancing and other activities.
Proceeds from this festival will be donated to the Mayor of Ely’s charitable fund and the charity, Miracle’s Mission, which works for injured animals in South Asian countries. The Mayor of Ely is also expected to attend the event.
The festival, which is being organised to mark an early celebration of World Yoga Day which is celebrated on June 19 worldwide, is run by an online community of vegan yogis, Yogific.
Kriti Sachdeva, of the group, said: “Cambridgeshire is home to many talented yoga teachers, yoga schools and a thriving vegan community, so this festival gives you the opportunity to meet all of them under one roof.
You may also want to watch:
“Both yoga and veganism root for a peaceful and compassionate lifestyle. Yoga is not limited to just postures and veganism is not limited to just food.
“We are organizing yoga and vegan festivals at many places in the UK and other countries in the Europe to help people see the connection between the two.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 4 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 5 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 8 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 9 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 10 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
“These events also give a great platform to ethical small traders and start-ups to showcase their product or service to the public.
“All of our events are not-for-profit as we donate the proceeds to partner charities,”
The festival will run from 9.15am until 5pm.
Entry costs £5 person and provides admission to all events.
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07481 898608 or visit www.YogaVeganFest.com