Ely Scouts group looking for adventurous adults to become voluntary leaders and helpers
- Credit: Archant
The 3rd Ely Scouts are on the lookout for adults that can volunteer with the group just one evening a week.
The opportunity would be suitable for anyone that loves an adventure and helping young people.
A spokesman for the Scouts Association said: “Every year we help over 450,000 young people in the UK enjoy new adventures; to experience the outdoors, interact with others, gain confidence and have the opportunity to reach their full potential.
“Scouting is stronger than it’s ever been, but we need volunteers to keep the groups running and offer this fabulous opportunity to more local children.
“You don’t have to be a scouting expert or an outdoor survival specialist to make a difference.
You may also want to watch:
“Volunteers can help in many ways; from passing on first aid experience to teaching the young people how to cook. Giving a little bit of time could help in a huge way.”
The 3rd Ely Scouts meet every Wednesday evening during the school term.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 3 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 7 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 8 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 9 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
If this is something that interests you, email Chris Beale at: DC@elydistrictscouts.org.uk
For more information, visit www.elydistrictscouts.co.uk