Ely Scouts brave the temperatures for all-action winter camp
- Credit: Archant
Scouts and Explorer Scouts from across Ely braved the soggy weather to spend the weekend under canvas at Tolmers Scout Centre in Hertfordshire.
The 20 Scouts and Explorers joined up with more than 1,000 others from around the country to enjoy a weekend of activities such as archery, climbing, fairground rides, laser tag and a gyroscopic swing.
Luckily, the snow which had been forecast for the area of the weekend didn’t materialise but after weeks of heavy rain, the campsite was awash with mud and water to keep the Scouts amused.
Scout leader Wayne Braybrook said: “This is the first time we’ve taken the Scouts and Explorer Scouts on this type of camp and they loved it.
“It’s a shame we didn’t get to experience snow while we were there, but the activities and the amount of mud on the site kept them amused for hours. We’ll definitely be making this an annual event.”
You may also want to watch:
There are a number of vacancies around Ely at the moment for all sorts of roles within Scouting, both working with the young people and in roles such as fundraising and supporting local groups with administration.
To find out more about how you can help Scouting in Ely, visit www.elydistrictscouts.co.uk/volunteer
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening