Families come together to raise much-needed funds for Ely schools
- Credit: Archant
Two schools in Ely came together to raise much-needed funds at this year’s summer fayre.
Spring Meadow Infant & Nursery School alongside Ely St Mary's CoE Junior School held their annual event recently, which was opened by Mayor of Ely, Cllr Mike Rouse.
In total, £2,422 was raised with £1,211 going to each school to help local schoolchildren in their education.
Families were in attendance, with each adult and child having a fun-filled afternoon as the local community united for the cause.
Annette Blewett, headteacher at Spring Meadow Infant & Nursery School, said: "In spite of the rain, we raised much-needed funds to provide those extra special things for the children to use at school which our budgets can no longer fund.
You may also want to watch:
"A very big thank you to the Mayor of Ely who always supports us and all of the friends and parents of both schools who work tirelessly to make the day a success."
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 3 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 4 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 7 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor
- 10 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’