Ely schoolgirl Eloise will perform Coppelia with the English Youth Ballet in Stamford
- Credit: Archant
A talented young dancer from Ely is currently having an amazing time in rehearsals for a professional production of the ballet – Coppélia.
Eleven-year-old Eloise Holgate, who is a pupil at the Lantern School, beat hundreds of other young dancers to win a place in the production, which will be performed by the English Youth Ballet at Stamford Corn Exchange next month.
The ballet, which will star international principal dancers – Samantha Camejo, Adele Robbins, Monica Tapiador, Amy Drew, Phillip Tunstall, Brenden Bratulic and Trevor Wood, will take to the stage on July 14 and 15.
Nearly 250 young hopefuls turned up for two auditions back in March with the lucky dancers being told on the day whether or not they had been accepted.
All the soloist and corps de ballet roles in the production will be performed by 70 of the finest dancers from the region.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets from: 01780 766455.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 4 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 5 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound