Ely schoolboy Sam Evans organises ‘Bandeoke’ to fund Kenya trip.
- Credit: Archant
Schoolboy Sam Evans has organised a ‘Bandeoke’ (that’s karaoke with a live band) to fund a trip to Kenya
Schoolboy Sam Evans has organised a ‘Bandeoke’ (that’s karaoke with a live band) to fund a trip to Kenya.
Along with 22 others, Sam is travelling to Kenya in October on a trip with Ely College, organised with African Adventures.
African Adventures is the UK’s leading volunteer travel organisation, specialising in educational trips and dedicated to improving lives.
They are partnered with community educational projects in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar and provide humanitarian and financial support to assist their development.
You may also want to watch:
It’s the chance for a trip of a life time and Sam didn’t hesitate to say yes when given the opportunity.
All those travelling are being encouraged to raise the funds to pay for the trip themselves
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Karaoke lovers will get the chance to sing with a live band on January 28 from 7.30pm – midnight at the Ely Rugby Club.
It’s the second of many fundraising events with Sam already hosting a successful curry night at Le Spice.
There will be a full bar, with tickets £10 available from Ev.firstname.lastname@example.org