Ely schoolboy Sam Evans organises ‘Bandeoke’ to fund Kenya trip.
- Credit: Archant
Schoolboy Sam Evans has organised a ‘Bandeoke’ (that’s karaoke with a live band) to fund a trip to Kenya
Schoolboy Sam Evans has organised a ‘Bandeoke’ (that’s karaoke with a live band) to fund a trip to Kenya.
Along with 22 others, Sam is travelling to Kenya in October on a trip with Ely College, organised with African Adventures.
African Adventures is the UK’s leading volunteer travel organisation, specialising in educational trips and dedicated to improving lives.
They are partnered with community educational projects in developing areas of Ghana, Kenya and Zanzibar and provide humanitarian and financial support to assist their development.
It’s the chance for a trip of a life time and Sam didn’t hesitate to say yes when given the opportunity.
All those travelling are being encouraged to raise the funds to pay for the trip themselves
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 3 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 4 Cambridge: Police officer had surgery after sex offender drove car at them
- 5 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 8 'Gas engineer' reportedly stole two phones and a purse in Haddenham
- 9 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 10 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
Karaoke lovers will get the chance to sing with a live band on January 28 from 7.30pm – midnight at the Ely Rugby Club.
It’s the second of many fundraising events with Sam already hosting a successful curry night at Le Spice.
There will be a full bar, with tickets £10 available from Ev.firstname.lastname@example.org