Special school in East Cambridgeshire comes together for hilarious leavers’ music video featuring dancing teachers
- Credit: Highfield Ely Academy
Staff at one of Cambridgeshire’s special schools have come together to film a hilarious leavers’ music video.
Teachers from Highfield Ely Academy danced along to hits from Dolly Parton, Queen, Carly Rae Jepsen and The Proclaimers in the eight-minute video.
The video, which already has over 4,000 views, takes viewers for a tour around the school which is based near Ely city centre and introduces members of staff along the way.
A huge effort was made by the school as it can clearly be seen in the end credits that everyone at Highfield Ely Academy got involved in some way or form.
The school is one of Cambridgeshire's special schools made up of 120 pupils from early years to year 14 - facilities include multi-sensory, soft play and sound and light rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Highfield already has an excellent reputation and after well-known author Mark Lowery visited recently, he said he was "blown away" by everything he saw.
He said: "I just wanted to say how blown away I was by everything I saw when I came to visit you last week.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 4 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 5 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 6 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 7 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 8 Council expects to spend £2.4m less on older people due to 'Covid loss'
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Lisa Leader makes it to Germany for life prolonging treatment
"I've worked in education for a long time and visited hundreds of schools, but there was something unique about Highfield."