Special school in East Cambridgeshire comes together for hilarious leavers’ music video featuring dancing teachers
- Credit: Highfield Ely Academy
Staff at one of Cambridgeshire’s special schools have come together to film a hilarious leavers’ music video.
Teachers from Highfield Ely Academy danced along to hits from Dolly Parton, Queen, Carly Rae Jepsen and The Proclaimers in the eight-minute video.
The video, which already has over 4,000 views, takes viewers for a tour around the school which is based near Ely city centre and introduces members of staff along the way.
A huge effort was made by the school as it can clearly be seen in the end credits that everyone at Highfield Ely Academy got involved in some way or form.
The school is one of Cambridgeshire's special schools made up of 120 pupils from early years to year 14 - facilities include multi-sensory, soft play and sound and light rooms.
You may also want to watch:
Highfield already has an excellent reputation and after well-known author Mark Lowery visited recently, he said he was "blown away" by everything he saw.
He said: "I just wanted to say how blown away I was by everything I saw when I came to visit you last week.
- 1 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 4 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Village-wide pyjama day raises £1,600 for Cambridge's new children’s hospital
- 7 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 8 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 9 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 10 Lib Dem gains in East Cambs send shivers down county Tories spine
"I've worked in education for a long time and visited hundreds of schools, but there was something unique about Highfield."