Ely salon hoping to be a cut above at regional finals
- Credit: Archant
ELY salon Snip’etts will go up against some of the top hairdressers in the East of England as they compete in the L’Oréal Colour Trophy competition.
The event takes place on April 8 at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, with the top six teams booking a spot in the national finals held on June 3 in London.
To gain a place in the East region final, staff at the salon, in St Mary’s Street, submitted a photograph demonstrating their technical expertise and fashion awareness on their model, Carla Brooks.
The Snip’etts team, Elspeth Sculthorpe, Vicki Harrington and Kate Lacey, will now join 65 other salons from across the Eastern region in a bid to secure the coveted trophy.
Each salon team will only have 45 tense minutes to bring their model to life and show their talents to a panel of judges.
You may also want to watch:
Elspeth said: “We are all very excited about reaching the regional finals and are looking forward to getting started.”
- 1 Punch in face leaves man with fractured nose
- 2 Defeated Tory hits out at ‘toxic brand’ and says ‘James Palmer had it coming’
- 3 Boy, 14, to wear electronic tag and obey curfew after admitting harassment
- 4 Letters: No praise for Palmer, litter picker success and neglected roads
- 5 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 6 Have your say on Network Rail increasing rail capacity through Ely
- 7 Defeated mayor on 'incredible' and 'some truly awful' people he met
- 8 Firefighters tackle deliberate barn blaze for more than four hours
- 9 Family 'thrilled' as pair's lockdown locks raise charity cash
- 10 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride