Ely salon hoping to be a cut above at regional finals
- Credit: Archant
ELY salon Snip’etts will go up against some of the top hairdressers in the East of England as they compete in the L’Oréal Colour Trophy competition.
The event takes place on April 8 at the Imperial War Museum in Duxford, with the top six teams booking a spot in the national finals held on June 3 in London.
To gain a place in the East region final, staff at the salon, in St Mary’s Street, submitted a photograph demonstrating their technical expertise and fashion awareness on their model, Carla Brooks.
The Snip’etts team, Elspeth Sculthorpe, Vicki Harrington and Kate Lacey, will now join 65 other salons from across the Eastern region in a bid to secure the coveted trophy.
Each salon team will only have 45 tense minutes to bring their model to life and show their talents to a panel of judges.
Elspeth said: “We are all very excited about reaching the regional finals and are looking forward to getting started.”
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series