Ely’s station car park gets top safety award for sixth year running - but do you feel safe leaving your car there?
- Credit: Archant
The level of safety and security at the rail station car park in Ely has been commended with a ‘Park Mark’ award.
The accreditation has been given to the city’s rail stations, for the sixth consecutive year.
The Park Mark demonstrates that the car park has measures in place to deter crime and anti-social behaviour, and has been risk assessed by the police, thus making the car parks “safer environments for both customers and their vehicles”.
The awards are handed out to train operators under the safer parking scheme run by the Associations of Chief Police Officers.
Greater Anglia’s customer service director, Andrew Goodrum, said, “Passenger safety is our top priority and I am delighted that these stations have been recognised as offering high security standards through the Park Mark awards.
You may also want to watch:
“I hope it will give station users confidence that we take their safety and security very seriously, not only on trains and stations, but in our parking facilities too. I would like to congratulate the station team and NCP on retaining Safer Parking Status for a further year.”
WHAT DO YOU THINK? Can you leave your car at Ely’s train station without fear of theft or vandalism? Send your thoughts to email@example.com or write to Ely Standard, Alexander House, Fore Hill, Ely, CB7 4AF.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 5 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 6 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 9 Rail volunteers recognised at awards ceremony
- 10 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines