Ely’s most famous cat, Mr Sainsbury’s aka Garfield, returns to ‘favourite napping couch’
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s most famous furry friend, Garfield the cat, has been allowed to return to his favourite napping couch in the Virgin Holidays store.
The ginger puss hit headlines in August when staff were advised they had to shoo him off their couch if he came indoors after a young customer was scratched by him.
Garfield’s Facebook page has nearly 5,000 likes, many of whom post selfies they’ve had in the Sainsbury’s together on the site.
An announcement was made on Garfield’s Facebook page, Mr Sainsburys aka Garfield, on Tuesday.
It read: “UPDATE ON GARFIELD AND HIS FAVORITE NAPPING COUCH IN VIRGIN STORE.
“Please let’s spread the word by sharing this post to your wall everyone.
“Garfield has been allowed back in.
- 1 Have your say on proposed commercial development in Ely
- 2 Casualty treated for smoke inhalation following house fire
- 3 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
- 4 Cambridgeshire man kicked and headbutted police officers
- 5 Threat to cancel or 'indefinitely pause' £450m Ely rail upgrade
- 6 Headteacher ‘extremely proud’ after school receives games mark award
- 7 Vehicle fire caused heavy traffic on A14
- 8 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge arrive in Newmarket for Cambs County Day
- 9 County Day hopes to shine light on young farmers of Cambridgeshire
- 10 IN PICTURES: A Cambridgeshire showcase at the inaugural County Day
“Thank you to our fans for helping him win this time.”
The news has since spread with many people taking to the Facebook page in happiness.
Kayleigh June Kerr said: “Enjoying his fuss this morning, so happy to see him back where he belongs.”
Niki added: “Love seeing him back on his favourite napping couch.”
Another person said: “Not sure who was happier, Garfield having his chin tickled or my daughter who was really pleased to see him.”
Garfield is owned by Ely couple Dave Willers and Tina Battaglia.