Ely’s Jake set to join members of Union J on Great Wall trek
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Jake Scott Paul will join a 30-strong team to trek across the Great Wall of China for charity.
Jake, 34, is hoping to raise thousands of pounds for breast cancer charity Coppafeel as he takes on a 50km trek across the world’s most famous wall with other fund-raisers and members of the pop band Union J – who appeared on the X Factor in 2012.
The feat is being backed by the Sun newspaper, which ran a competition for people to earn a place on the trek, with Jake’s entry chosen from among the hundreds of applications received.
Jake, the owner of a marketing firm, said he was inspired to take part in the challenge by his late grandparents, who were affected by cancer, and his brother Josh – who also raised funds for charity before his death in a car accident in 2011.
Jake said: “I’ve never been to China before so I am sure it will be a great experience and it’s for a great cause as well. My family has been greatly affected by cancer and it was something I wanted to do for them as well as my brother, who also raised a lot of money trekking across the desert in Australia.”
You may also want to watch:
The trek is set to take place over 10 days in October, and Jake is hoping to have raised thousands of pounds by the time he leaves for China.
To sponsore Jake, visit https://greatwallcoppafeel.everydayhero.com/uk/jake
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation