Ely’s famous ‘Flavours of the World’ market to return for 12th year running in the city
- Credit: Archant
For its 12th year running, the ‘Flavours of the World’ market will return to Ely this bank holiday weekend, beginning Saturday May 26.
It’s a market that is said to let you “travel the world without leaving Cambridgeshire”, featuring a ‘diverse mix’ of street food, produce and gifts.
Julia Davis of Ely Markets said: “People love seeing something new when they come to our markets.
“We already have a fabulous selection of food, crafts and gifts every week, but this bank holiday the Flavours of the World market will give you even more choice than ever.
“Whether it’s Mexican churros, Spanish paella, German currywurst or exotic sweets – we know you’ll find something you can’t resist.”
You may also want to watch:
The special market takes place in Ely High Street on Saturday May 26 and in the Market Place on Sunday May 27 and Bank Holiday Monday.
It runs from 8.30am until 3.30pm. Ely’s weekly Craft, Food & Vintage Market and Farmers’ Market is open as usual on the Market Place on Saturday.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 7 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 8 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station