Ely’s Edith marks her 103rd birthday
ELY resident Edith Atkin said being “well looked after” was the key to a long life as she celebrated her 103rd birthday this week.
Edith, who lives at John Beckett Court, was joined by family and friends for a grand party to mark her big day on Saturday.
Edith was born in Hull in 1908 and met her husband Eric through her work in the furnishing trade in the city.
The pair married in 1934 and had spells living in South Wales, Manchester and Nottingham as they moved for work.
When Eric died, Edith moved with her son Gerard, 71, to France before finally settling in Ely in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
As well as her son, Edith has two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 9 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 10 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing