Ely’s Edith marks her 103rd birthday
ELY resident Edith Atkin said being “well looked after” was the key to a long life as she celebrated her 103rd birthday this week.
Edith, who lives at John Beckett Court, was joined by family and friends for a grand party to mark her big day on Saturday.
Edith was born in Hull in 1908 and met her husband Eric through her work in the furnishing trade in the city.
The pair married in 1934 and had spells living in South Wales, Manchester and Nottingham as they moved for work.
When Eric died, Edith moved with her son Gerard, 71, to France before finally settling in Ely in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
As well as her son, Edith has two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations