Ely’s Edith marks her 103rd birthday
ELY resident Edith Atkin said being “well looked after” was the key to a long life as she celebrated her 103rd birthday this week.
Edith, who lives at John Beckett Court, was joined by family and friends for a grand party to mark her big day on Saturday.
Edith was born in Hull in 1908 and met her husband Eric through her work in the furnishing trade in the city.
The pair married in 1934 and had spells living in South Wales, Manchester and Nottingham as they moved for work.
When Eric died, Edith moved with her son Gerard, 71, to France before finally settling in Ely in 2006.
You may also want to watch:
As well as her son, Edith has two grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.
- 1 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 2 Dad's emotional tribute after baby son dies in A10 horror crash
- 3 Van crashes into pram, killing five month old baby
- 4 Son's touching tribute: 'My father fought with passion for that in which he believed'
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Man named following fatal collision
- 7 Police increase patrols after reports of criminal damage and anti-social behaviour
- 8 Councillor shares 'perfect' vaccine experience to encourage others
- 9 Skipper eyes plans to go one better for village cricketers
- 10 First large-scale Cambs Covid-19 vaccination centres open this week