City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash
- Credit: Archant
Ely Runners are bidding to go the extra mile by staying active every day to raise charity cash.
Led by Justin Smith, the group are taking on RED January, as members aim to challenge themselves with different activities every day this month.
As well as building their fitness, they will also look to raise funds for Sport in Mind, a mental health sports charity that delivers physical activity projects in partnership with the NHS to empower people to move forwards with their lives.
The group have already raised over £900 for the charity, as they continue to keep active through the likes of running and cycling.
Writing on their JustGiving page, Justin said: “Whether running, , cycling or choosing a favourite fitness activity, Ely Runners REDers will be going the extra mile to support themselves and others.
You may also want to watch:
“Their fitness and fundraising efforts combined with your generosity will help Sport in Mind reach and empower people to experience the life-changing benefits of physical activity.”
To donate, go to: https://bit.ly/3qzonVW.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound