City runners out to go extra mile for charity cash
- Credit: Archant
Ely Runners are bidding to go the extra mile by staying active every day to raise charity cash.
Led by Justin Smith, the group are taking on RED January, as members aim to challenge themselves with different activities every day this month.
As well as building their fitness, they will also look to raise funds for Sport in Mind, a mental health sports charity that delivers physical activity projects in partnership with the NHS to empower people to move forwards with their lives.
The group have already raised over £900 for the charity, as they continue to keep active through the likes of running and cycling.
Writing on their JustGiving page, Justin said: “Whether running, , cycling or choosing a favourite fitness activity, Ely Runners REDers will be going the extra mile to support themselves and others.
You may also want to watch:
“Their fitness and fundraising efforts combined with your generosity will help Sport in Mind reach and empower people to experience the life-changing benefits of physical activity.”
To donate, go to: https://bit.ly/3qzonVW.
- 1 Police arrest 14-year-old after criminal behaviour order breach
- 2 Council told to pay costs as concrete factory wins appeal
- 3 Dog groomer produces stylish display on the global stage
- 4 Lucky escape for motorists who suffered minor injuries in A10 crash
- 5 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing
- 6 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 7 FOI reveals the number of A10 crashes between Stretham and Milton
- 8 Plans submitted for nine new homes in Littleport
- 9 Shellens quits after committee votes to gag Hickford debate
- 10 No fairytale debut for Brett after falling at first hurdle