Coach praises ‘amazing’ success of young players who raised £3,700
- Credit: Archant
Two rugby players raised over £3,700 for charity after smashing their fundraising challenges.
Will Garner, 17 and Caiden Smith, 12, who play for Ely Tigers Rugby Club, raised money for mental health charity Mind through during lockdown 2.0.
Will raised over £1,900 by completing 5,691 press-ups, an average of 190 a day, two days before he planned to finish the challenge.
Meanwhile, Caiden originally aimed to run 100km over lockdown to raise £100, and after smashing his target with a week to spare, he chose to run 130km, the equivalent of three marathons.
On Sunday, December 6, Caiden was joined by teammates for a lap of honour at the Downham Road club, before a round of press-ups with Will.
You may also want to watch:
James Balderson, who coaches both Caiden and Will, said: “They have both done amazing through the last four weeks, pushing themselves past their limits for those that need it the most.”
To donate to Will’s and Caiden’s fundraisers, visit https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/william-garner2 or https://bit.ly/2JNYBO3.
- 1 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 2 Former mayor begins court battle to retain pub
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash
- 5 Amazing escape for driver in A11 crash
- 6 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 7 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 8 Mayor's ‘hop-on hop-off' public travel revolution
- 9 Author opens school’s new library
- 10 Former mayor Aigars Balsevics must wait for verdict on pub fate