Ely Royal Mail delivery office to open on Sundays - beginning this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Royal Mail delivery office is to open on Sundays.
The Royal Mail has announced that it is to increase the number of customer service points which are open on Sundays, and the Ely office, on Cresswells Lane, will be open from this weekend (December 4).
The initiative is designed to make it easier for online shoppers who are not at home during the day to get their parcels at a convenient time over the weekend.
Mike Newnham, Royal Mail’s chief customer officer said: “We are continuing to be more responsive to our customers and are providing even more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
“Our extended opening hours initiative and additional Sunday openings is just one of the ways we are transforming our business to be more customer focused.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ely office joins around 100 other offices which are also kept open on Sundays.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 5 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 10 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound