Ely Royal Mail delivery office to open on Sundays - beginning this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Royal Mail delivery office is to open on Sundays.
The Royal Mail has announced that it is to increase the number of customer service points which are open on Sundays, and the Ely office, on Cresswells Lane, will be open from this weekend (December 4).
The initiative is designed to make it easier for online shoppers who are not at home during the day to get their parcels at a convenient time over the weekend.
Mike Newnham, Royal Mail’s chief customer officer said: “We are continuing to be more responsive to our customers and are providing even more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
“Our extended opening hours initiative and additional Sunday openings is just one of the ways we are transforming our business to be more customer focused.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ely office joins around 100 other offices which are also kept open on Sundays.
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 8 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 9 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road