Ely Royal Mail delivery office to open on Sundays - beginning this weekend
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Royal Mail delivery office is to open on Sundays.
The Royal Mail has announced that it is to increase the number of customer service points which are open on Sundays, and the Ely office, on Cresswells Lane, will be open from this weekend (December 4).
The initiative is designed to make it easier for online shoppers who are not at home during the day to get their parcels at a convenient time over the weekend.
Mike Newnham, Royal Mail’s chief customer officer said: “We are continuing to be more responsive to our customers and are providing even more options for people to receive items they have ordered online.
“Our extended opening hours initiative and additional Sunday openings is just one of the ways we are transforming our business to be more customer focused.”
You may also want to watch:
The Ely office joins around 100 other offices which are also kept open on Sundays.
- 1 Man dies after falling from bridge on A14 between Histon and Milton
- 2 Rogue trader tells victim: 'I'll knock your lights out'
- 3 Council leader under fire for 'culture of bullying' in wake of farmgate scandal
- 4 Hickford QUITS ahead of damning report
- 5 Delivery riders and drivers wanted as Deliveroo launches in Ely
- 6 Golf club urges locals and dog walkers to ‘respect our private land’
- 7 Letter: Four new members join 'splash pad headquarters'
- 8 Ziggy is missing from Ely - your help is needed
- 9 Career mentor's 100k charity run aims to raise £1,000
- 10 Traffic, noise and anti-social behaviour among objections to new youth centre