Ely Rowers On A Winning Streak
WHILE the GB rowing squad have been going for gold in Beijing, oarsmen and women from the Isle of Ely Rowing Club have been enjoying a winning streak. In the junior section Libby Milne won the Under-13 event at the St Ives Regatta, winning her first-eve
WHILE the GB rowing squad have been going for gold in Beijing, oarsmen and women from the Isle of Ely Rowing Club have been enjoying a winning streak.
In the junior section Libby Milne won the Under-13 event at the St Ives Regatta, winning her first-ever sculling race.
In the senior section, the club won two double sculling events at St Neots. Andrew Turton and Ella Rands won in the Mixed Novice Double Sculls event and Ella made it a double win by storming to the finish of the Ladies Novice Double Sculls final with club captain Jo Cotgrove.
These scullers continued their winning streak at Sudbury Regatta. Their three wins provided the club with its most successful day ever. Jo Cotgrove won the Women's Senior Four final and Andrew Turton won the Men's Novice Single Sculls event. In the mixed doubles Andrew paired up with Ella Rands to secure the club's third win of the day.
You may also want to watch:
Pic cap: Ella Rands and Jo Cotgrove from the Isle of Ely Rowing Club with their winning trophy for the Ladies Novice Double Sculls event at the St Neots Regatta.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 6 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 7 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 8 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 9 Rats are causing 'abhorrent situation' in town, admits councillor
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on