Ely Rowers On A Winning Streak
WHILE the GB rowing squad have been going for gold in Beijing, oarsmen and women from the Isle of Ely Rowing Club have been enjoying a winning streak. In the junior section Libby Milne won the Under-13 event at the St Ives Regatta, winning her first-eve
WHILE the GB rowing squad have been going for gold in Beijing, oarsmen and women from the Isle of Ely Rowing Club have been enjoying a winning streak.
In the junior section Libby Milne won the Under-13 event at the St Ives Regatta, winning her first-ever sculling race.
In the senior section, the club won two double sculling events at St Neots. Andrew Turton and Ella Rands won in the Mixed Novice Double Sculls event and Ella made it a double win by storming to the finish of the Ladies Novice Double Sculls final with club captain Jo Cotgrove.
These scullers continued their winning streak at Sudbury Regatta. Their three wins provided the club with its most successful day ever. Jo Cotgrove won the Women's Senior Four final and Andrew Turton won the Men's Novice Single Sculls event. In the mixed doubles Andrew paired up with Ella Rands to secure the club's third win of the day.
Pic cap: Ella Rands and Jo Cotgrove from the Isle of Ely Rowing Club with their winning trophy for the Ladies Novice Double Sculls event at the St Neots Regatta.
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 'Shocking' abuse left partner 'vulnerable and afraid'
- 3 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 4 Eco-home will be icing on the cake for 'Good Life' couple
- 5 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 6 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 7 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
- 8 'She had her whole life ahead of her': Charity skydive in memory of fatal crash victim
- 9 Baby murder trial jury told birth referred to safeguarding team
- 10 Cigarette butt in stolen car puts burglar behind bars