Ely Rotary Club to host double band show and dance
- Credit: Archant
Ely Rotary Club will host a concert at Ely Community College on October 14.
The double-band show and dance will feature Glenn Miller-style music of the 40s played by Opus 17, and the trad sound played by Barry Tyler’s Original Dixieland Jazz Band.
Opus 17 will be playing music from both the 40s and the 60s, with hits from artists such as Dusty Springfield and Ella Fitzgerald sung by Kimberley Devonshire.
Michael Duble sound-alike Tom Veasey will also be singing several of his popular songs.
Eric Grant, of Ely Rotary Club, said: “The magic of the big-bands comes through strongly, of course, with the nostalgic reminiscences direct from the 40s. Since this show is entitled ‘Forties and Sixties dance’, this brings music from the Kenny Ball and Acker Bilk era.”
You may also want to watch:
Tickets, £16 each, are available now from Burrow’s Bookshop in High Street Passage, Ely, and from Wade’s Opticians at the top of the High Street. They are also available in person from Ely Rotary Club or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 01638 780827.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 6 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 80 ‘pieces of graffiti’ removed by council in just six months
- 9 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 10 Lets get Cambridgeshire back on the buses says mayor