LETTER: Tributes paid to Ely Rotary Club member Marion
- Credit: Archant
Marion Grant, who joined Ely Rotary Club in March 2002 with her husband Eric (the first husband-and-wife to join together), sadly lost her fight with cancer on Sunday morning, 30 minutes after Saturday midnight, after a long period since diagnosis in October 2017.
Soon after joining Rotary – in 2004 – she was given chairmanship of the international committee.
Marion was renowned for arranging several cheese and wine events held in the grounds of the Bishop’s Palace, and collections in Ely for the 2004 tsunami, and multiple fundraising events for Rotary.
Marion was previously joint owner with Eric of a small hotel in Torquay, which they ran together for 12 years.
Prior to that they had a garage business in Grays for 20 years but was originally born in Colchester. She was 85.
You may also want to watch:
Funeral arrangements have been made for Tuesday February 26 at 1pm at St. Andrew’s Parish Church in Isleham, with interment at the village cemetery.
Donations instead of flowers are to be for the Arthur Rank Hospice charity who have been so helpful and attentive with Marion’s care at home.
- 1 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 2 Body found in Wisbech road
- 3 Florist's 'service with a smile' marks first year of triumph
- 4 Lucky escape for driver who 'lost control' of car
- 5 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 8 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 9 Military teenager to star on national podcast
- 10 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’