Ely Rotary Club raises £400 for charity at annual barbecue
- Credit: Archant
An annual barbecue in Witchford raised £400 for the Rotary International charity.
The event, which was arranged by the international committee, attracted 39 people, including members of the Ely Rotary Club, Ely Hereward Rotary Club and ladies’ Inner Wheel.
Ely Rotary Club president Viv Doji was chef-in-chief at this year’s annual barbecue in the Witchford garden of Enid and John Bedford.
Her fellow chefs were rotarians Mike Thompson and Mike Axford.
The proceeds of nearly £400 will go to Rotary International to fund donations to disasters around the world.
Eric Grant, of the club, said: “With three barbecues going, members enjoyed burgers, sausages and chicken legs.
“Together with wines, salads and desserts donated by members, it was rated the best barbecue the rotary club had ever enjoyed.
- 1 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 2 ‘It’s sadly coming to a natural end’ - restaurant to close its doors by August
- 3 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 4 ‘It’s been very rewarding’ - Letizia amazed by support for La Strega
- 5 Littleport 'hit and run' on Victoria Street
- 6 New bid for housing thwarted by Great Crested Newts
- 7 Florist 'busier than ever' hoping to build from lockdown success
- 8 Pedestrian struck on Ely Road in Littleport
- 9 Change of plan for A142 Mepal bridge works as July closures announced
- 10 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
“And to add to the scene, the weather was absolutely perfect, without the usual wind that blows tablecloths and knapkins around the garden.”