Ely Rotary Club raises £400 for charity at annual barbecue
- Credit: Archant
An annual barbecue in Witchford raised £400 for the Rotary International charity.
The event, which was arranged by the international committee, attracted 39 people, including members of the Ely Rotary Club, Ely Hereward Rotary Club and ladies’ Inner Wheel.
Ely Rotary Club president Viv Doji was chef-in-chief at this year’s annual barbecue in the Witchford garden of Enid and John Bedford.
Her fellow chefs were rotarians Mike Thompson and Mike Axford.
The proceeds of nearly £400 will go to Rotary International to fund donations to disasters around the world.
You may also want to watch:
Eric Grant, of the club, said: “With three barbecues going, members enjoyed burgers, sausages and chicken legs.
“Together with wines, salads and desserts donated by members, it was rated the best barbecue the rotary club had ever enjoyed.
- 1 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 2 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 3 WATCH: The Fens celebrates its own 'Ark of Triumph'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Man found dead in March
- 6 Jail for 'despicable' burglary on 93-year-old man with dementia
- 7 MP oversees climate change mock debate at Ely College
- 8 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 9 Church to hold churchyards training day
- 10 Pubs team up to raise £3,500 for British Heart Foundation
“And to add to the scene, the weather was absolutely perfect, without the usual wind that blows tablecloths and knapkins around the garden.”