Ely rockers set to make waves after signing with Sony Music
- Credit: Archant
ELY rockers Mallory Knox have signed a record deal with the Sony Music-backed label Search and Destroy.
The five-piece band, Mikey Chapman, Joe Savins, Sam Douglas, Dave Rawling and
James Gillett, were formed in 2009 and have enjoyed a steady rise to stardom since then.
From playing gigs in pubs and venues around Cambridgeshire in their early days, the band now feature regularly on national radio stations and they are preparing to play sets at both Reading and Leeds music festivals in the summer.
A spokeman for Search and Destroy said: “With their debut full length Signals under their belts and endless love for them on UK radio this year, we’re ready to bring on the future with these guys.”
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the band’s website read: “Absolutely delighted to tell you all we have signed with Sony Music with Search & Destroy Records! Thank you all for all of your support, here’s to the future!”
The band’s debut album Signals was released in January this year and reached number 33 in the UK charts.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 3 Lockdown easing - 10 pubs and restaurants say welcome back
- 4 Residents 'horrified' by Swastika graffiti in grounds of Ely Cathedral
- 5 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Littleport marks Royal British Legion centenary year with moving ceremony
- 9 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 10 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
INFORMATION: Search for Mallory Knox on Facebook.