Ely rockers set to make waves after signing with Sony Music
- Credit: Archant
ELY rockers Mallory Knox have signed a record deal with the Sony Music-backed label Search and Destroy.
The five-piece band, Mikey Chapman, Joe Savins, Sam Douglas, Dave Rawling and
James Gillett, were formed in 2009 and have enjoyed a steady rise to stardom since then.
From playing gigs in pubs and venues around Cambridgeshire in their early days, the band now feature regularly on national radio stations and they are preparing to play sets at both Reading and Leeds music festivals in the summer.
A spokeman for Search and Destroy said: “With their debut full length Signals under their belts and endless love for them on UK radio this year, we’re ready to bring on the future with these guys.”
You may also want to watch:
A statement on the band’s website read: “Absolutely delighted to tell you all we have signed with Sony Music with Search & Destroy Records! Thank you all for all of your support, here’s to the future!”
The band’s debut album Signals was released in January this year and reached number 33 in the UK charts.
- 1 NHS worker breaks ribs, ankle and fractures leg in four car pile-up
- 2 Potamogeton Trichoides has the last word on £6.5m Mepal crematorium
- 3 Artist impressions of how Mepal will be transformed into a £6.5m crematorium
- 4 Gin could be just the tonic needed for dilapidated farm buildings
- 5 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 6 Theatre group stream panto online for those who missed it due to lockdown
- 7 Spat at police officer tests positive for Covid-19
- 8 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 9 Cambs city voted ‘most likely to survive zombie apocalypse’
- 10 Viewers react to 'brilliant' 24 Hours in Police Custody: Black Widow
INFORMATION: Search for Mallory Knox on Facebook.