Ely rockers set to make waves after signing with Sony Music
- Credit: Archant
ELY rockers Mallory Knox have signed a record deal with the Sony Music-backed label Search and Destroy.
The five-piece band, Mikey Chapman, Joe Savins, Sam Douglas, Dave Rawling and
James Gillett, were formed in 2009 and have enjoyed a steady rise to stardom since then.
From playing gigs in pubs and venues around Cambridgeshire in their early days, the band now feature regularly on national radio stations and they are preparing to play sets at both Reading and Leeds music festivals in the summer.
A spokeman for Search and Destroy said: “With their debut full length Signals under their belts and endless love for them on UK radio this year, we’re ready to bring on the future with these guys.”
A statement on the band’s website read: “Absolutely delighted to tell you all we have signed with Sony Music with Search & Destroy Records! Thank you all for all of your support, here’s to the future!”
The band’s debut album Signals was released in January this year and reached number 33 in the UK charts.
- 1 Councillor wants apology for Nadine Dorries 'misogynist' tweet
- 2 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 3 New shop already 'exceeded expectations' after strong opening day
- 4 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 5 Driver escapes injury after car hits wall
- 6 Nuisance caller flouted court order day after prison release
- 7 Ely Rotary Club back with annual Christmas collection
- 8 GP practices mark ‘momentous milestone’ in Covid-19 vaccine programme
- 9 Two year ban on begging for these six
- 10 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
INFORMATION: Search for Mallory Knox on Facebook.