Ely rockers on the path to stardom after record deal
A GROUP of talented musicians from Ely are on the pathway to stardom after being signed up by a reknowned record label.
Local rockers Mikey Chapman, 21, Sam Douglas, 21, Joe Savins, 21, James Gillet, 22, and Dave Rawling, 21, known as Mallory Knox, were spotted by representatives from the ‘Wolf At Your Door Records’ record label at one of their recent gigs and swiftly signed up.
The label is the force behind indie rock stars Deaf Havana and Polar and has already arranged to organise an official release for the group’s debut EP, Pilot.
The group, who all grown up in and around Ely, were only formed in 2009 and managed to attract the attention of former chart-topping band Busted before they were signed.
Bassist Sam Douglas said: “We hope this is just the beginning but our feet are firmly on the ground. We’ve put a lot of our time into this band and we know how much more work we need to put into it, we aren’t kidding ourselves for a second when we say we are only scratching the surface with everything at the moment”
You may also want to watch:
The group are already on the road promoting their latest material on but will be returning home to Ely in May 20 to take the stage at the Beet Club. It will be their second appearance at the Beet Club, after they headlined a show just before Christmas.
“The show at Christmas was unbelievable. It was always going to be special because we were playing to people we know well. I didn’t know what to expect because Ely has never really had shows put on here, if you wanted to go to a show you’d usually have to head to Cambridge so to get the turnout we did was nothing short of amazing. To have 300 plus people singing back at you is the number one reason you start a band in the first place,” Sam added.
- 1 Councillors praised for 'tireless' illegal encampment work
- 2 Former deputy mayor wants to move Newmarket to Cambridgeshire
- 3 Club shuts its doors after illegal encampment spotted
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 East Cambs could be getting five new walking routes
- 6 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 7 Round one to High Flyer after highways gives thumbs up to giant mug
- 8 Glamping site granted drinks licence despite neighbours' protests
- 9 Leader’s reminder of human cost of £100k homes fall-out
- 10 Annual classic car show returns to Ely
To find out more on the band, visit www.facebook.commalloryknoxuk.