Ely rockers join star line-up for Party on the Hill
- Credit: Archant
ELY’S very own Brit-pop band - Beach Blanket Bingo - have reformed and been added to the bill for the forthcoming Party On The Hill event.
Formed in 1993, Beach Blanket Bingo lasted 10 years and supported rock band Oasis in 1994, triumphed over 100 other bands to win the Cambridge Rock Competition at the Junction in 1995 and hosted their own club night with Radio 1 DJ Steve Lamacq.
The band got together again in October last year after a 10-year hiatus for a one-off show at the Maltings as part of Mickfest 2, a memorial concert for well known Ely musician Mick Gillett who passed away in 2011.
They have got together again, however, to join the likes of Blue, Matt Cardle, Atomic Kitten and DJ Ironik for Party on the Hill, set to take place in Ely’s Cherry Hill Park on August 31.
Guitarist, David Wisbey, said: “We enjoyed doing the Mickfest show and decided that we’d follow on by recording and releasing some of our original songs that we never got round to doing so in 2003 prior to splitting up.
You may also want to watch:
“Consequently studio time was booked and rehearsals were already underway when we got offered a slot by the organisers of Party on the Hill to appear on their bill.”
Tickets for Party on the Hill are available from Burrows Bookshop, in High Street Passage, Ely, or online at www.elyparty.co.uk.
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road