Ely rocker Tom Cutting preparing for charity concert in memory of his mum
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Tom Cutting is gearing up for a rock concert to raise money for cancer charity Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
Tom, 38, and his band Wasteland Angels are organising an evening of classic rock on September 13 in memory of his mother.
Tom said: “My mum passed away from leukaemia two years ago, and other members of my band, Wasteland Angels, have been directly affected by blood cancers in their families too.
“With support from our friends in Generations and Tia & The Bandits, we’re holding an evening of rock in Swaffham Prior Village Hall, aiming to raise at least £1,000 for research into these terrible illnesses whilst at the same time giving the crowd a really good night out.”
Cathy Gilman, chief executive of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, said: “Every penny raised helps us in our mission to beat blood cancer, by stopping people from dying and making patients’ lives better. We wish Tom the very best of luck and hope the event goes well.”
You may also want to watch:
To support Tom and for more information and tickets, priced at £8, go to facebook.com/wastelandangelsband
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 5 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 6 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 7 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 8 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car
- 9 Ely man caught after nine months on the run from Suffolk prison
- 10 Farm shop receives 'overwhelming' response ahead of opening