Ely rocker Tom Cutting preparing for charity concert in memory of his mum
- Credit: Archant
Ely’s Tom Cutting is gearing up for a rock concert to raise money for cancer charity Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research.
Tom, 38, and his band Wasteland Angels are organising an evening of classic rock on September 13 in memory of his mother.
Tom said: “My mum passed away from leukaemia two years ago, and other members of my band, Wasteland Angels, have been directly affected by blood cancers in their families too.
“With support from our friends in Generations and Tia & The Bandits, we’re holding an evening of rock in Swaffham Prior Village Hall, aiming to raise at least £1,000 for research into these terrible illnesses whilst at the same time giving the crowd a really good night out.”
Cathy Gilman, chief executive of Leukaemia & Lymphoma Research, said: “Every penny raised helps us in our mission to beat blood cancer, by stopping people from dying and making patients’ lives better. We wish Tom the very best of luck and hope the event goes well.”
To support Tom and for more information and tickets, priced at £8, go to facebook.com/wastelandangelsband
- 1 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 2 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 8 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series