Ely Rock Vox Choir to host harity concert in aid of The UK Solidarity Fund
- Credit: Archant
The Ely Rock Vox Choir is organising a charity concert called ‘One Love Ely- The Big Sing!’ in aid of The UK Solidarity Fund.
The annual summer concert will be held in Jubilee Gardens, Ely, on September 17 from 1pm to 5pm.
The event is free to attend but donations are suggested with all proceeds from the event will going to the charity.
Activities will include face painting, bouncy castle, kids activities, a hamper raffle, prize draw, BBQ and mobile bar.
Clare Clay, of the club, said: “We are calling on people of Cambridgeshire to stand together against hatred and intolerance and show their support by singing.
“The concert will finish with the The Big Sing! where we would love as many local people and organisations to join us in singing ‘Don’t Look Back In Anger’ by Oasis and ‘Love Shine A Light’ by Katrina and the Waves.
“We already have a couple of local schools and scout groups eager to join in.
- 1 Pastor in freedom of speech and job fight over Pride tweet
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Two food businesses closed after cockroach infestations found
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Petition launched to save village pub
- 6 College pupils bring School of Rock to life on stage
- 7 Pub company comes out fighting to keep controversial cuppa sign
- 8 Father accused of baby daughter's murder gave her squash, court told
- 9 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 10 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
“Even if you aren’t a natural born vocalist - you can support this event by bringing your friends and family along for an afternoon of great music and entertainment.”
Rock Vox is an independently-run choir directed by local music teacher Clare Clay. The choir performs a mixture of rock, pop and soul songs and is made up of men and women of all ages.
The charity was set up by the British Red Cross to help people affected by terror attacks in the UK, to ensure that victims and their families do not face short-term financial difficulties.
For more information visit www.rockvoxchoir.co.uk or search ‘One Love-Ely, The BIG Sing’ on Facebook.