Rock Vox Choir raise hundreds for charity by carol singing around Ely ahead of Christmas concert in Isleham this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Ely choir has already raised £208.82 for charity ahead of their Christmas carol fundraiser at The Beeches in Isleham this Sunday (December 16).
The choir is raising money for Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust who helped one of its members, Jenny, and her family.
Clare Clay, choir leader, said: “Jenny’s husband Pete had a cardiac arrest at home in July.
“Sam, his son, did CPR for 10 minutes while they waited for an ambulance, but after they arrived he had several further arrests before they were able to stabilise him enough to transport him to Addenbrooke’s.
“They then discovered that he had a pulmonary embolism which had broken down into multiple clots throughout his lungs.
“He was rushed to Addenbrooke’s where he spent some time to avoid brain damage in an induced coma.
“Pete is home now and recovering slowly. Many, many other choir members have been helped by Addenbrooke’s including difficult births; one member being in remission from cancer and another undergoing treatment. “We want to support other patients and their families with our Christmas musical activities this year.”
- 1 EastEnders star Adam Woodyatt ‘to work at restaurant in Cambridgeshire’
- 2 Mike Rouse, councillor, former mayor and historian, dies aged 82
- 3 'A little talent very thinly spread' Mike Rouse, in his own words
- 4 Inferno BBQ to be occupied by sister company Forbidden Burger Co
- 5 Mike Rouse: A lifetime's passion for books and literature
- 6 Table made from 5,000-year-old oak tree to be unveiled at Ely Cathedral in honour of The Queen
- 7 Soham tribute to 'honest, funny, intelligent and understanding human being'
- 8 Superintendent dons rainbow helmet against hate crime on #IDAHOBIT
- 9 See inside this £1.7m country house with its own lake near Ely
- 10 Middlesbrough couple found in Cambs with drugs worth around £37,000
Christmas concert starts at 7pm and there will be a buffet and bar on the night.”
Tickets cost £6 or £3 for concessions. To reserve tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text 07851 634491.