Rock Vox Choir raise hundreds for charity by carol singing around Ely ahead of Christmas concert in Isleham this weekend
- Credit: Archant
An Ely choir has already raised £208.82 for charity ahead of their Christmas carol fundraiser at The Beeches in Isleham this Sunday (December 16).
The choir is raising money for Addenbrooke’s Charitable Trust who helped one of its members, Jenny, and her family.
Clare Clay, choir leader, said: “Jenny’s husband Pete had a cardiac arrest at home in July.
“Sam, his son, did CPR for 10 minutes while they waited for an ambulance, but after they arrived he had several further arrests before they were able to stabilise him enough to transport him to Addenbrooke’s.
“They then discovered that he had a pulmonary embolism which had broken down into multiple clots throughout his lungs.
You may also want to watch:
“He was rushed to Addenbrooke’s where he spent some time to avoid brain damage in an induced coma.
“Pete is home now and recovering slowly. Many, many other choir members have been helped by Addenbrooke’s including difficult births; one member being in remission from cancer and another undergoing treatment. “We want to support other patients and their families with our Christmas musical activities this year.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 6 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 7 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 8 City short-listed to house Museum of Brexit
- 9 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 10 Have your say on plans to improve city rail station
Christmas concert starts at 7pm and there will be a buffet and bar on the night.”
Tickets cost £6 or £3 for concessions. To reserve tickets email email@example.com or call/text 07851 634491.