Rocks and community spirit as Ely Rock Eels hold springtime extravaganza
- Credit: Archant
A triple whammy of hand-painted rocks will be encouraging the community to come together and enjoy the joys of spring in Ely.
The Ely Rock Eels will be rocking in the city on Sunday (March 10) as part of their first TripleFest.
It will see three rock design themes merged to give rich pickings for rock hunters in Ely’s Country Park at 11am.
As well as painting rocks with the theme of encouraging trees and flowers to bud and bloom for Spring, Ely’s Bugingham Palace will be on display - an insect extravaganza.
RASE (Riding And Skating Ely) will also be explaining their proposals for a riding and skating park in Ely Country Park.
You may also want to watch:
Fleur Patten, of Ely Rock Eels, said: “We feel that when the building of new homes started around 2003 in Ely, young families moved in and the facilities for very young children developed.
“However, those small children are now teenagers and facilities have not grown with them in Ely.
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 10 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
“Ely Rock Eels endeavours to break down social isolation every day but Sunday’s welcoming spring event will be particularly focussed upon a plan for Ely teenagers - our future taxpayers.”