Ely photographer captures the autumn change in sunrise snap
- Credit: Archant
An early morning rise for amateur photographer Mary Neil led to her catching this snap of the sunrise in Ely.
“I took this by Ely riverside and I thought the patterns in the sky looked really nice,” she said.
“The clouds looked different and it was very serene. You could see that the weather was going to change soon.”
The 76-year-old says that she enjoys catching the natural beauty of the sunrise on her iPad.
She added: “It keeps me happy, has become a nice hobby and is a good bit of exercise too.”
You may also want to watch:
This picture was taken at 7.07am on September 21 in the midst of the change in season – two days before autumn equinox.
The date is based on the earth’s orbit around the sun and the position of the sun in the sky.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 3 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 4 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 7 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 8 Heroin dealer kept machete at home
- 9 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 10 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
Every year the equinox falls on one of three days towards the end of September.