Ely photographer captures the autumn change in sunrise snap
- Credit: Archant
An early morning rise for amateur photographer Mary Neil led to her catching this snap of the sunrise in Ely.
“I took this by Ely riverside and I thought the patterns in the sky looked really nice,” she said.
“The clouds looked different and it was very serene. You could see that the weather was going to change soon.”
The 76-year-old says that she enjoys catching the natural beauty of the sunrise on her iPad.
She added: “It keeps me happy, has become a nice hobby and is a good bit of exercise too.”
You may also want to watch:
This picture was taken at 7.07am on September 21 in the midst of the change in season – two days before autumn equinox.
The date is based on the earth’s orbit around the sun and the position of the sun in the sky.
- 1 Tributes paid to school matron who died from Covid-19
- 2 Student defies challenges of pandemic to achieve first class degree
- 3 The Chase contestant from Cambs labelled ‘most stunning’ in show’s history
- 4 Health scare inspired slimmer’s incredible 10 stone weight loss
- 5 People power brings about changes to £800,000 roundabout scheme
- 6 Alcohol shoplifter threatened security staff with large blade
- 7 London man jailed for running drugs line between Cambs and capital
- 8 County council ploughs £3.4m into farm deal
- 9 Driver peers out of Range Rover while trying to cross flooded Welney Wash
- 10 Retired GP's death 'avoidable' if cause of severe chest pain was 'more thoroughly investigated'
Every year the equinox falls on one of three days towards the end of September.