Ely retailer lends its support for Carers Week
- Credit: Archant
The team at Sainsbury’s in Ely invited local care groups into store last week as part of Carers Week.
Representatives from Carers Trust, Centre 33, Alzheimer’s Society and Age UK visited the Lisle Lane store throughout the week to raise awareness of the support available to carers in Cambridgeshire.
Every customer had the chance to take away information about the day and it’s hoped more Sainsbury’s customers who care for an ill, frail or disabled family member or friend will now sign up to the support that’s available to them.
The awareness sessions were held during Carers Week, which took place June 9-15.
Sainsbury’s store manager, Karen Watts, said: “It’s important that we make our customers aware of the great services that are available for carers. We’re proud to be a supporter of Carers Week and we hope the sessions help some of our customers, who are carers use these services”.
For more details on Carers awareness events near you, visit www.carersweek.org.
- 1 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 Christmas at Wimpole illuminated trail sparks into life as countdown begins
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 8 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
- 9 LETTERS TO THE EDITOR: You have your say
- 10 Rough sleeping injunctions are ‘positive’ say council