Ely retailer lends its support for Carers Week
- Credit: Archant
The team at Sainsbury’s in Ely invited local care groups into store last week as part of Carers Week.
Representatives from Carers Trust, Centre 33, Alzheimer’s Society and Age UK visited the Lisle Lane store throughout the week to raise awareness of the support available to carers in Cambridgeshire.
Every customer had the chance to take away information about the day and it’s hoped more Sainsbury’s customers who care for an ill, frail or disabled family member or friend will now sign up to the support that’s available to them.
The awareness sessions were held during Carers Week, which took place June 9-15.
Sainsbury’s store manager, Karen Watts, said: “It’s important that we make our customers aware of the great services that are available for carers. We’re proud to be a supporter of Carers Week and we hope the sessions help some of our customers, who are carers use these services”.
You may also want to watch:
For more details on Carers awareness events near you, visit www.carersweek.org.
- 1 Village pub limits reopening to ‘bread and butter customers’ only
- 2 Park and ride from Milton to return next month
- 3 Action this day as new alliance slashes £72k from councillors' allowance budget
- 4 Witchford hold their heads high despite narrow Cambs League cup exit
- 5 Hifields to bring world-class artists and 6,000 festival-goers to Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 Shoppers rush to help man injured after falling in High Street
- 7 Family pay tribute to ‘talented’ father-of-three veteran killed in crash
- 8 Letter: Amazing reunion for couple thanks to paramedics
- 9 Man charged with armed robbery in Fenland
- 10 Family traumatised as their beloved Waffle shot in the face