Ely retailer hoping new competition will take flight
- Credit: Archant
The Wilkinson store in Ely is giving away a year’s supply of bird food as part of a competition to create a fun bird box design.
The competition is part of the retailer’s Wild Bird campaign, which encourages children and adults to look out for and protect wildlife in their own gardens throughout the winter months, and is open to people of all ages living in East Cambridgeshire.
The winner will walk away with a year’s worth of bird food, a bird table and special pack filled with plenty of gardening equipment.
Jo Walsh, store manager at Wilko Ely, said: “We’re looking for fun, different and creative bird box designs that will really stand out from the crowd.
“The winning entrant will be rewarded with a whole host of goodies from our wildlife and garden range, all of which will be perfect for helping both amateurs and enthusiasts spot plenty of wild birds, in their natural habitat.”
You may also want to watch:
Entries must be submitted on A4 paper by Friday, February 20, and can be e-mailed to email@example.com or posted to Tangerine, Giant’s Basin, Potato Wharf, Castlefield, Manchester, M3 4NB.
Alternatively, they can also be dropped into the Ely store, in The Cloisters.
- 1 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Mosque trust named RIBA client of the year 2021
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Police investigation after village pavilion covered in graffiti
- 7 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 8 Meet the star cast of Christmas pantomime Sleeping Beauty
- 9 Fireworks join Christmas lights on the Covid cancelled list for Ely
- 10 Christmas comes early as festive lights couple hold trial switch-on