Ely pupils raise thousands for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS, their families and staff raised more than £2,600 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance at King’s Ely Junior’s Charity Action Garden Party.
The day turned out to be a great success, with highlights including the ever-popular ‘sponge the teacher’, ‘name that gnome’ and wheelbarrow racing, to name a few.
Organiser Sarah Green, said: “The count so far is £2,670, but there is still more coming in.
“Added to the approximate £8,500 that we have already raised throughout the year, this gives us a total of over £11,000, which is a fantastic amount.”
Richard Whymark, head of King’s Ely Junior, added: “The event was a triumph for the students’ charity action committee. We even enjoyed the traditional garden party downpours – running inside to enjoy the stalls being run by the children, before rushing back outside to see the tug of war competition final.
“It was a wonderful way to show our support for this vital local organisation.”
- 1 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 2 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 3 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 4 A10 dualling facing new challenges
- 5 OPINION: Soham Station fiasco about to come to a conclusion, or is it?
- 6 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 7 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 8 Branch president left pleasantly surprised thanks to freemasons
- 9 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 10 1,800 enjoy free Christmas day out at Ely’s ‘hidden gem’