Ely pupils raise thousands for air ambulance
- Credit: Archant
PUPILS, their families and staff raised more than £2,600 for the East Anglian Air Ambulance at King’s Ely Junior’s Charity Action Garden Party.
The day turned out to be a great success, with highlights including the ever-popular ‘sponge the teacher’, ‘name that gnome’ and wheelbarrow racing, to name a few.
Organiser Sarah Green, said: “The count so far is £2,670, but there is still more coming in.
“Added to the approximate £8,500 that we have already raised throughout the year, this gives us a total of over £11,000, which is a fantastic amount.”
Richard Whymark, head of King’s Ely Junior, added: “The event was a triumph for the students’ charity action committee. We even enjoyed the traditional garden party downpours – running inside to enjoy the stalls being run by the children, before rushing back outside to see the tug of war competition final.
You may also want to watch:
“It was a wonderful way to show our support for this vital local organisation.”
- 1 Dr Nik 'over the moon' after pulling off shock Labour victory
- 2 Lib Dems score notable successes in East Cambridgeshire
- 3 Stagecoach suspends Milton park and ride
- 4 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory
- 5 Expect 'honesty and integrity' says new police and crime commissioner
- 6 Littleport tops poll for the lowest turnout in council elections
- 7 Prosecuted drone pilot breached Civil Aviation Authority regulations
- 8 Prime minister to give green light for May 17 Covid-19 lockdown easing
- 9 Dr Nik Johnson elected Mayor of Cambridgeshire and Peterborough.
- 10 Drink driver TWICE rammed off-duty officers' car