Primary school pupils arrange poppy display for remembrance
Pupils at a village primary school have created a stunning poppy display for the Remembrance commemorations.
The various arrangements are on display at the Robert Arkenstall Primary School, in Haddenham, near Ely.
Headteacher Kate Bonney explained the children have been learning about remembrance, and the community is more than welcome to admire the display on their daily lockdown walk.
She said: “Every year we support the British Legion and children proudly wear their poppies.
“We also dedicate curriculum and assembly time to ensure children understand what Remembrance is all about.
“This year we can’t do our usual whole school assembly so we have made a whole school display with every child, from the very youngest contributing.”
She added: “The beautiful display can be seen at the front of school which the community can see as they take their lockdown walk.
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
“We hope you enjoy it and it helps everyone to reflect on the service offered to this country.”