Ely Post Office re-opens after five days of closure
- Credit: Archant
Ely Post Office has re-opened today (20) after five days of closure.
The city’s only office, on High Street, was closed on Monday (16) due to “problems with locks,” according to a shop front notice.
The notice promised the shop would re-open on Tuesday but it remained closed until lunch time today.
A spokesman said: “We are pleased to confirm that Ely Post Office has re-opened at lunchtime today.”
During the closure, customers were advised to use alternative branches in Witchford and Little Downham – both of which are three miles away.
You may also want to watch:
The Post Office is still without a postmaster – a role that has now been vacant for over eight months.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Sparkling sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 6 Child rapist from St Ives has been jailed after abuse
- 7 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 8 Police buy clothes for Iranian children rescued from lorry
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review