Ely Pop Up Gospel Choir is looking for new members to join them in 2018
- Credit: Archant
If you love to sing or have always wanted to be part of a choir, the Ely Pop Up Gospel Choir is inviting new members to join for their next season in 2018.
The choir has raised more than £5,000 for charity by holding one-off concerts in May 2016 and July this year.
More than 60 singers raised the roof at St Mary’s Church by performing songs from Sister Act, The Lion King and other more traditional gospel songs.
The Pop Up Gospel Choir was founded by West End performer and Ely mother of three Lisa Olsworth-Peter.
She said: “We’ve had monthly socials since our concerts in the summer but are itching to start rehearsals again. It’s a proper community and the emphasis is always on having fun.
You may also want to watch:
“We are a choir of all ages and abilities and will welcome new members with open arms – all you need is enthusiasm.”
The choir will be performing at the St Mary’s Church Carol Service on Sunday December 10 with a few rehearsals beforehand. One of the songs will include a unique gospel arrangement of Silent Night.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 'My UK dream became a reality': World first sake brewery launches in Ely
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Man to appear in court after smashing police car window with sledgehammer
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol
- 7 Transport company donates advertising to children’s brain tumour charity
- 8 Gym’s ‘money for miles’ Children in Need fundraiser
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
Anyone interested in joining the choir can give it a go at their next social at Costa on Market Street at 7.30pm on Monday November 13 or join in with rehearsals for their performance at St Mary’s Carol service.
Weekly rehearsals begin in January 2018 as the choir starts to prepare for its next concert in May 2018.
For more information about the Ely Pop Up Gospel Choir and for dates of rehearsals or venue information, contact Kirsty Smith by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org