Join Ely police station as a volunteer in 2018
- Credit: Archant
Police in Ely are looking for volunteers to join the team in 2018.
A police spokesman said: “2018 could be the year that you make a substantial difference in your local community.”
Six ways to volunteer in 2018:
1. The Special Constabulary - become a special and police your community with us;
2. Speed Watch - become a Speed Watch volunteer and help us to keep local roads safe;
You may also want to watch:
3. Property recovery volunteer - help us to find stolen property, help us to return property that we recover to its rightful owners;
4. Police Cadet Leader - help us to support and coordinate the activities of Cadets for young people in East Cambridgeshire;
- 1 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 2 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 3 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 4 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 5 Residents asked to share ideas on how improve cycling and walking in East Cambs town
- 6 Golf club's £8,850 donation for dementia singing charity All In Sound
- 7 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 8 Stanley, 95, publishes first book to beat lockdown blues
- 9 Fundraiser for mum with terminal cancer to 'have a good Christmas with her family'
- 10 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
5. Youth Consultation Panel - if you are between 11 and 16 you could apply to join our Youth Consultation Panel.
6. Operation Insight - come out and shadow an officer for a shift. See what we do first hand, tell people about it afterwards.
Applicants to Operation Insight must be aged 18. Applicants over 16 can be accepted with parental permission.
Message the Facebook page Policing East Cambridgeshire if you would like to volunteer.