Ely police to hold viewing days as officers recover horde of stolen items
POLICE in Ely have uncovered a treasure trove of stolen items following a series of raids across East Cambridgeshire and are holding three viewing days to reunite them with their rightful owners.
Dozens of items including watches, rings, bracelets, figurines, power tools and even an antique pistol have been recovered by officers and are waiting at the city’s police station to be recovered.
Det Insp Donna Wass, said: “The items were recovered during a series of warrants and visits by officers across East Cambridgeshire and we believe that these have been taken during burglaries.
“The items were all seized by officers and we would now like to reunite some of the items with their owners.”
Officers were particularly keen to trace the owners of the some of the more distinctive items, including metal Snow White figurines, an antique pistol and metal badges from the King’s School.
You may also want to watch:
The viewing days take place on Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday from 9am-5pm. To arrange an appointment contact Ely Police Station on 101.
- 1 Independent shop full of fresh food – despite national shortage
- 2 Christmas lights switch-on event cancelled over 'Covid uncertainty'
- 3 Mark's 27 unanswered questions over volunteers to control parking
- 4 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 5 Off-duty detective snares £200k drug dealer
- 6 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 7 Did you bite your husband's leg? ‘No, he knocked all my teeth out- I could not bite his leg’
- 8 Top Cabinet post for NE Cambs MP Steve Barclay
- 9 Van driver in ‘life threatening condition’ after crash
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations