Ely police station welcomes work experience student William
- Credit: Archant
Ely police station has a new temporary recruit - William Andrews, a work experience student from Ely College.
The 14-year-old is spending a week with the team, gaining an insight into how East Cambridgeshire is policed.
He has told police that he aspires to join the force when he leaves school.
On his fist day he attended a morning briefing, had a tour of police headquarters in Huntingdon and helped an officer to conduct vehicle checks on cars in the police’s fleet.
On Friday William will be publishing a blog about his experience with the police. He is threatening to publish an explosive ‘tell all’ account of his time on duty.
You may also want to watch:
You won’t want to miss it, say police.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k