Ely police officer to face trial on theft charges
- Credit: Archant
A police officer is to face trial over allegations of theft.
Detective Constable Matt Bailey, 50, who is based at Ely police station, is facing two counts of theft and a third charge of an offence under the Data Protection Act
Bailey appeared at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court, in Lincolnshire, on Wednesday.
He pleaded not guilty to all three charges at an earlier hearing.
The case was adjourned and Bailey was ordered to appear at Lincoln Magistrates’ Court on August 24 for a trial.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on conditional bail.
- 1 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Triple judo Olympic champion to give masterclass for Ely Dojo
- 4 G's to help save Christmas for poultry industry
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 New Ely cinema, royal visit, Welney gets a hall and Thomas a new car
- 7 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 8 High-flying 'humble' gymnast, 9, top of the tree on county debut
- 9 Motion calls for community housing review in four villages
- 10 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k