Ely Police Inspector Says Farewell To East Cambridgeshire
ELY sector commander Alan Savill, is to leave his post as the district s senior police officer after five years in the job. Chief Inspector Savill who succeeded former commander Adam Gallop in the post in 2004 will be taking up a position as southern divi
ELY sector commander Alan Savill, is to leave his post as the district's senior police officer after five years in the job.
Chief Inspector Savill who succeeded former commander Adam Gallop in the post in 2004 will be taking up a position as southern division operations manager as a Chief Inspector, replacing outgoing Darren Alderson.
The move comes amid a flurry of position changes and promotions across the Cambridgeshire Constabulary with Inspector Savill's position as Ely commander being taken up by Inspector Andy Bartlett.
Chief Insp Savill said: "I have loved every minute of my time in East Cambs and have many fond memories.
You may also want to watch:
"I am leaving behind a very strong team and a great replacement who will continue to ensure that the people of East Cambs are kept safe.
"I'd like to thank everyone I've worked with over the past five years for their help and support.
- 1 Max and Chloe become pioneers of community housing success in Cambs village
- 2 Emergency services – including two air ambulances – rush to A10 crash
- 3 Company ‘paralysed by Brexit’ forced to open warehouse in Holland
- 4 Covid-19 numbers in Fenland higher than rest of county
- 5 Biggest village in Cambridgeshire to get even bigger
- 6 Chief executive takes 'personal oversight' of inquiry into deputy leader's farm tenancy
- 7 Former Top Gear star Rory Reid spotted filming with Lamborghini
- 8 Burglar who was spared by judge stole from woman three days later
- 9 New youth centre could be built in Littleport
- 10 Pedestrian dies crossing busy Cambridgeshire road
"I'm looking forward to the challenge of my new post and will continue to take an interest in the policing of East Cambs."
Chief Insp Savill who will be leaving his post in Ely after five years. 0392HD0809 Photo: HELEN DRAKE