Ely Police Inspector Says Farewell To East Cambridgeshire
ELY sector commander Alan Savill, is to leave his post as the district s senior police officer after five years in the job. Chief Inspector Savill who succeeded former commander Adam Gallop in the post in 2004 will be taking up a position as southern divi
ELY sector commander Alan Savill, is to leave his post as the district's senior police officer after five years in the job.
Chief Inspector Savill who succeeded former commander Adam Gallop in the post in 2004 will be taking up a position as southern division operations manager as a Chief Inspector, replacing outgoing Darren Alderson.
The move comes amid a flurry of position changes and promotions across the Cambridgeshire Constabulary with Inspector Savill's position as Ely commander being taken up by Inspector Andy Bartlett.
Chief Insp Savill said: "I have loved every minute of my time in East Cambs and have many fond memories.
"I am leaving behind a very strong team and a great replacement who will continue to ensure that the people of East Cambs are kept safe.
"I'd like to thank everyone I've worked with over the past five years for their help and support.
- 1 80 homes threaten access to ‘rural haven of rare beauty’
- 2 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 3 Woman wins right to build annexe to home
- 4 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Big Christmas lights switch-on arrives
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 East Cambs Council bins green waste collections for seven weeks
- 9 Frustration for Ely City is United's gain as unbeaten home run ends
- 10 Two-day operation to feature in episode four of TV series
"I'm looking forward to the challenge of my new post and will continue to take an interest in the policing of East Cambs."
Chief Insp Savill who will be leaving his post in Ely after five years. 0392HD0809 Photo: HELEN DRAKE