Ely Photographic Club showcase impressive work at record-breaking competition
- Credit: Archant
Ely Photographic Club showcased a range of impressive work as members enjoyed a record-breaking image competition this week.
The club received their highest number of entries for their second image competition of the season, with several new members entering the contest for the first time.
Five of the best images were judged by renowned photographer Sarah Kelman, who also provided feedback to candidates.
A spokesman said: "There were some fabulous images on display that made it hard for the judge to choose the best images on the night."
The winners were: 'Head on Hare' by Kevin Pigney (1st); 2nd 'Bumble Bee' by Bruce Liggitt (2nd); 3rd 'Around the Buoy' by Gary Mills (3rd); Highly Commended 'Cygnet' by Richard Whitmore (4th), and Commended 'Challenging Roar' by John Harvey (5th).
You may also want to watch:
The club meets on a Wednesday evening at Ely College from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
If you are interested in joining the club, please see our website: https://www.elyphotographicclub.co.uk/."
- 1 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 2 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 3 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 4 Ely Cathedral hosts legendary jockey Frankie Dettori's only book signing
- 5 Retired murder detective, Russell, releases first book in new crime series
- 6 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home
- 7 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 8 Could we face coronavirus restrictions over Christmas?
- 9 Covid-19 vaccine myths ‘biggest challenge’ in progress
- 10 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack